Dr Madhu Y C is a senior consultant and Surgical Oncologist, practices at Padmashree Diagnostics.
- Major part of his surgeries includes the management of gynaec oncologic malignancies, Head and neck cancers including reconstruction and soft tissue sarcomas.
- He has a special interest in the management of ovarian cancer by Sugar Baker technique of surgery and heated intra-peritoneal chemotherapy (HIPEC).
- He has a passion for teaching and has been academically associated as an Associate Professor attached to a medical college in Karnataka, having conducted several CMEs.
- He is also playing a major role in preventive medicine by conducting various cancer awareness programmes for Public and involved in cancer screening and cancer health check-up camps.
- Permanent member of Indian Association of Surgical Oncology (IASO).
- Permanent member of Association of Surgeons of India (ASI).
- Permanent member of Indian Medical Association (IMA).
- Reviewer of Indian Journal of Surgical Oncology.
- Reviewer of Journal of Acta Radiologica.
- Successfully resurrected 57 kg Ovarian tumor from a 58-year-old lady (Largest In India, Worlds Third Largest).
- Performed new surgical technique of chest wall reconstruction.
- First to perform Lung resection (lobectomy) in Malnad region of Karnataka.
- First to perform liver resection (right hepatectomy) in the Malnad region of Karnataka State.
- First to perform Whipples resection in Malnad region of Karnataka State.
- Performed more than 2000 surgeries including major & supra-major surgeries.
- Conducted more than 50 CMEs.
- Conducted more than 25 Cancer detection camps.
- Extensive radiation fibrosis and lymphedema; K. Harish*, Y.C. madhu; K.Harish, et al. Surg Chronicles 2011; 16(1):59.
- Accessory right hepatic artery and its implications for a surgeon; Madhu.y.c,Harish.k ;Indian j surg; Volume 75, Issue 1 (2013), Page 492-494
- Complete resection of a giant ovarian tumor; Madhu.y.c, Harish.k, Gotampipara; gynaecologic oncology
- Chemoport anchoring –the in situ technique; Krishnamachar Harish, Yagachikatte Chikkanarasaiah Madhu; Surgical techniques development 2011;vol 1:e9.
- Locally advanced breast cancer – y. c. madhu, k. harish; Surg Chronicles 2011; 16(3):183.
- Ulcerated Nodal Metastasis in Penile Carcinoma ishnamachar Harish*, Yagachikatte Chikkanarasaiah Madhu; Open Journal of Urology, 2011, 1, 89-90
- Femoral Port Placement – Report of Two Cases K. Harish and Y. C. Madhu; Indian Journal of Surgical Oncology ; Volume 2, Number 1, 31-33.
- Inadvertent Port: Catheter Placement in Azygos Vein; K. Harish1 Y. C. Madhu; 1;Int J Angiol 2012; 21(02): 103-106
- Hydatidosis –An Odd Ball in the Arena of Uterovesical Pouch; Madhu .Y.C*, Shruthi.P.S**, Harish. S.G#;International Journal of Science and Research; Volume 3 Issue
- October 2014; (IJSR);ISSN (Online): 2319-7064;Impact Factor (2012): 3.35
- Synchronous Squamous cell carcinoma of Anorectum and Proctosigmoid – A case report, review of literature and management issues.;Dr. MADHU.Y.C; Indian journal of surgery.